5 Simple detox strategies for hormone health
Everyday we are exposed to toxins our food, the environment, cleaning and self-care products and even our clothing. Though the body is beautifully designed to process and filter toxins, we simply were never meant to have such a massive toxic burden assaulting our bodies every day!
Some simple daily habits can help support your body’s ability to removed toxins and secure lasting health.
Here are 5 simple strategies you can add to your routine:
- Lemon water: First thing in the morning, drink a mug of warm water that has the juice of one organic lemon. Warm lemon water stimulates the colon and helps hydrate your body. Toxins out, hydration in… win/win!
- Organic Whole Raw Foods: Enjoy pesticide and chemical free organic, whole raw foods daily to boost nutrients and give your body the antioxidants needed to stay healthy without any added toxic burden. Plus, whole raw foods tend to be great sources of fiber (check out my article about fiber for more on that HERE )
- Oil Pulling: Oil pulling simply involves taking a spoon full of sesame oil and swishing around vigorously inside your mouth for 10-15 minutes (without swallowing). When you’re done, spit into some tissue and discard in your garbage can – do not spit into the sink, shower or toilet unless you want clogged drains! Rinse your mouth with warm water and brush your teeth. Oil puling helps with gum and tooth health and can stimulate the Vagus nerve if you swish to the point that you make your eyes tear just a little!
- Dry skin Brushing: Using a natural bristle brush, brush your dry skin before getting into the shower. Use long strokes from your toes up towards your heart and from finger tips up the arms towards your heart. Gentle circular strokes around the breasts, if you are comfortable, otherwise, skip them. Skin brushing helps stimulate lymph movement, increases circulation and exfoliates the skin!
- Sweat: Move it! Make a commitment to do something sweaty for 10 minutes every day. Jump in the shower afterwards to rinse off the sweat – your body is able to eliminate toxins through the skin, so remember to rinse. Moderate exercise also stimulates lymphatic flow and circulation which aide detoxification.
There are so many other things you can do for daily detox.
Post in the comments and share your favourites!